Thursday, August 31, 2006

Third trimester!!!

I finally got my hospital records from Nathan's birth today. Interesting stuff! Lists my reason for C-section as failed induction but doesn't list the reason for induction (could be there, but in Dr. speak though). Weird thing is that it doesn't say I was given general anesthesia during my Csection but I am 99% sure I was. All I know was that I was in horrible pain and the Dr put something in the IV in my arm and then I fell asleep. Mike remembers it the same way.

Anyway my incision was low tranverse so my VBAC attempt is good to go! :)

I had my prenatal appt and glucose test. That fruit punch drink is Nasty with a capital N. I kept gagging on it because it was so syrupy and sweet. I don't remember it being so bad with Nathan. About 30 min after I drank it, I got shaky and nauseous. Hope that doesn't mean I was having a bad reaction. My Dr appt was good. He didn't care that I was gaining super fast because I am still only up 12 lbs and 2/3 of the way through. Can't believe I am in the third trimester!!! Luke is head down and measuring right on track. I had a dream he was born by Csection on November 28th (I am due the 23rd) after trying a VBAC. He was 8lbs 4 oz in my dream. So if I have to go with my gut, that is what I think will happen. I guessed Nathan would be born the 4th or the 5th by Csection early in my pregnancy with him (he was due the 12th and was born the 5th).

****update: I found in my records what I was given during my c-section---Dilaudil which is a form of heroin! No wonder I was so out of it. Oh and my reason for induction was high blood pressure but my BP was listed as 120/68 which is not high! Odd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heroin, yikes!
I guess they can write anything down in your chart and they don't figure you will check it. I don't remember you ever mentioning high blood pressure to me!