Wednesday, August 16, 2006

26 week appt

I had a pretty good appt today. I only got to see a nurse, but that is OK because she spent a lot of time with me answering questions and seemed pretty knowledgable.

I gained 6lbs last month. The nurse started to give me a hard time and told me to make sure I only gain .5-1 lb a week. I asked her to look over my weight gain from the entire pregnancy and tell me if I was doing OK. Since this is the first month I have gained anything, she said I am fine and am just doing a bit of catch up. So as of now, I am plus 6 lbs.

Told her about the low pressure I have been feeling lately and she said it could be caused by my low placenta. Still hoping that thing moves up and out of the way so I can try for my VBAC.

Baby is measuring perfectly and heartrate is strong. He kept kicking her when she would try to measure me and it was making her laugh.

I go back in 2 weeks for my GD test and have an u/s on Sept 1st to check on the placenta.

Luke never ever sits still. He really squirms all day long. Wonder if he will have a hard time getting comfortable after he is born. I am counting my blessings though because his kicks are so light in comparison to Nathan's. Nathan's hurt so bad! Luke is just squirmy, haha.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww, I love it when they wiggle around. Sounds like everything is going well. I'll be sending vibes to get that placenta to move on up!!

~Sandi said...

Glad all sounds like it's going well! I can't believe you're only +6 lbs 26 weeks into it! That's great...don't have to worry about losing it all after the fact....like my 40 lbs!!

the babies mamma said...

I remember that low pressure! Mine was from a surge in prolactin which relaxes joints which caused my hips to give me a lot of pain. It also didn't help that Lakota was so far down in my pelvis...but that did come in handy for the birth! :)