Friday, September 01, 2006

Ultrasound this morning

I had my 28 week ultrasound this morning to check on my placenta. It has moved up--WOOWOOWOO! Luke is head down and ready to go. So I will be able to go ahead and try for a VBAC. :)

Luke is 3lbs and measuring big (about a week early). He is so darn cute already! DEFINITELY still a boy. I am a little concerned about his profile though, lol. He seems to have my dad's nose---it is pretty prominent on his little profile (sorry, Dad, haha). But he has Nathan's cute bow-shaped pouty lips and big cheeks. He has huge feet and his 2nd toe is longer than his big one! haha. He already has a ton of sticking up hair. He had his feet in his mouth and I remarked "poor guy is so squished he has to have his feet by his face!" and the tech said "Nope, he is doing that by choice", lol.

His bladder was full and his lungs were practicing breathing so we know his little organs are working well. He kept opening and closing his eyes. He had a little round tummy I just wanted to kiss! His little bum is shoved up under my ribs and his head and his feet are down low. I was shocked to see how big he was in there! Hard to believe he has another 4-5lbs to gain!

We were supposed to head to NC after the appt but Tropical Storm Ernesto is messing with our plans. So who knows when we will be able to get on the road.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds so cute!! We were supposed to go to the Outer Banks this weekend too but Ernesto kept us in. :) Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

He is going to be adorable just like his brother!

Sarah said...

Scan in the pictures! I want to see :)