Friday, August 04, 2006

summer vacation

We just got back from our summer vacation to Ocean City, MD. We had so much fun! Here are some memories I don't want to forget from our vacation together:
*how Nathan loved playing with his trucks in the sand and asking me to make him roads and "slides"
*how much Nathan loved the yummy beach food like fried shrimp and virgin pina coladas
*when Luke kicked the remote off of my belly for the first time in the hotel
*Nathan snuggling me so sweetly while falling asleep
*Nathan running circles around my beach chair, yelling like a wild man
*how Nathan would bring me the sunblock stick and tell me "cheeks" when he wanted me to put some on him
*Nathan begging "beach beach beach" as soon as he'd wake up in the morning
*Luke dancing wildly to reggae music at dinner
*how relaxed and happy Nathan was when his daddy held him in the ocean
*when Nathan fell splat right on top of a sunbathing teenage girl decked out in big hoop earrings, blaring IPOD, and a full face of makeup
*Nathan's first kiss with our friend Angel's daughter Ava...on the boardwalk, how romantic! haha
*Swimming at night in the indoor pool

It was a great time! It was over way too soon.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Boy - that Nathan sure knows how to eat!!!! Sounds like a great time Robin!!!! Sad the summer is ending here too! :0(

Anonymous said...

Holding Nathan in the ocean was about the most relaxed I have been since Nathan was a newborn and I used to hold him and nap with him for hours at a time.