Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Best Christmas Ever! The boys' excitement was contagious.

Some of my favorite memories from this year:
* how Nathan sought out any "bioncle" shaped presents under the tree
*Nathan spending the majority of the day building things at the dining room table
*Luke getting so excited to get a skeleton puzzle. He even took a nap with it later!
*watching Luke and Daddy play with his new dragon castle for the longest time
*how Sam snoozed on the couch with Frankie while we opened gifts
*how excited Sam was to open his presents, he really got into it!
*the painting Mike wrapped up on the wall for me, it was so exciting to open it that way
*seeing Luke using his new Dr's kit to diagnose us with ailments such as "green beans in throat" and performing surgery to fix daddy's "broken brain"
*snuggling up with my boys to read Christmas stories every night leading to Christmas
*baking cookies with my two little helpers, making sure I use the right measuring cup so they get equal turns scooping and pouring (like using a 1/2 cup measuring cup when I need a cup of flour so they both get a turn)
*wrapping presents late at night with Sam at my feet---giving him every scrap of paper and wrapping paper roll to play with
*watching all of our new Christmas movies the nights following Christmas (Monsters vs Aliens, Up, etc)
*trying with no avail to get a Christmas card photo with all three of my guys cooperating
*the 22inches of snow we got on the 19th that let us have a white Christmas!

No comments: