Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dr appt (33 weeks)

I had my 33 week (well almost) appt with Dr. Hodges today. He really is a wonderful Dr. and made me feel so comfortable. I spoke to him about my labor anxiety and he was so reassuring. He told me they had a 70% success rate with VBACs (meaning they end in Csection 30% of the time) and that he is very "pro-VBAC" and confident doing them. He said that ruptures are very rare and that you can catch the warning signs before something catastrophic happens (my number one fear). He told me to stay off the internet if it was scaring me because most of the data you read is skewed anyway. He really made me feel comfortable and confident that nothing bad would happen. He also was on the same page as me that he would not recommend induction. I plan on scheduling my last few appts (like 38-39 weeks) with him for sure because I don't feel that he would be pressuring me.

Luke is doing great---he is in the back to the left, head down position. His head is not down in the pelvis yet, he is kind of floating. He has been very active lately and gets the hiccups 4-5 times a day. I am measuring right on track and my back is feeling much better.

No comments: