Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Luke's one month appt

My little guy is 4 weeks today. He had his one month checkup. The Dr seemed a bit disturbed that the hospital gave him his hepatitus shot (we used the hospital pediatrician because ours didn't travel to that hospital) and said he doesn't like to give shots until 2 months. Oops!

The Dr was shocked to see that Luke gained 3lbs in 4 weeks. He is 10.5lbs now. Woowoo--all breastmilk! Luke did his best to impress the Dr by doing a pushup and scooting along the table. I had to laugh--right after the Dr said that babies don't have social smiles until after 6 weeks, he took it back after Luke smiled right at my face when I said Hi to him. I swear Luke has been smiling socially for over a week now.

So everything is great! Luke has a bit of milia on his face (small white clogged follicles). I had thought it was baby acne but apparently not!

My baby boy is getting so big!

1 comment:

the babies mamma said...

Lakota was three weeks old when she started smiling too!